- Fall has always been one of our favorite seasons (close second to summer). The weather is beautiful and there are lots of holiday activities to look forward to. The only downside is that our cool summer breezes have changed to full-blown wind. The colder weather combined with harsh winds can take a toll on your skin. However, we at One Ocean Resort & Spa have the POREfect solution!
- Pumpkin is one of Mother Nature’s most wholesome products. It is a super-ingredient benefitting skin with its powerful antioxidants and skin healing power. Pumpkin is high in Vitamin A, C, E and Zinc, an ultimate combination for exfoliating, soothing and moisturizing skin. Now available at the Spa at One Ocean Resort is the POREfection Pumpkin Facial, the perfect way to protect your skin for the fall weather!
- This POREfection Pumpkin Facial will leave your skin with a healthy glow and armed for the elements! For $99 (Retail Value $120), experience this 50 minute pore refining facial. Add a $99 (Retail Value $115) 50 minute massage for an amazing full body treatment. This treatment is now available October1st to October 31st for service before November 1st, Sunday thru Thursday. For more information on spa treatments at One Ocean Resort & Spa, visit http://www.oneoceanresort.com/spa/jacksonville-spa.aspx or call 904-249-7402.
For your next holiday party, One Ocean’s personal mixologist has two unique drink recipes for you to offer your guests! The first is the Holiday Treat, which features Tuaca mixed with Crown, a squeeze of orange juice, and a splash of cream. This citrusy, creamy cocktail is sure to be a hit at your soiree.
- One Ocean Holiday Treat
- 10 oz. Collins glass
- 1 ¼ oz. Tuaca
- 1 oz. Crown
- 1 squeeze of orange zest
- Top with cream
- Mint for garnish
If you’re looking for something warmer, try our famous Mulled Apple Cider. All the recipe requires are fresh spices, an orange (with peel) and unfiltered apple cider. Simmer all of the ingredients together and you have a welcoming beverage for your guests. If you are looking to spice it up – Bourbon, Brandy or Rum compliment the Mulled Apple Cider well. Enjoy entertaining this holiday season with these simple and delicious holiday drinks!
- Save the Date! On Thursday, October 25th, One Ocean Resort & Spa will be hosting the second annual James Beard Foundation Benefit Dinner.
- The best of our First Coast area’s chefs have joined forces to create a five-course dinner to benefit the renowned James Beard Foundation and local culinary education. Our own Executive Chef Ted Peters of Azurea, a “must experience” destination for discerning diners, is one among the few that have been invited by New York City’s James Beard House to cook for food and wine enthusiasts seeking the ultimate culinary experience. This evening’s gourmet food is no exception, perfectly paired with the wines of Foley Family Wineries.
- The James Beard Foundation is dedicated to celebrating, preserving, and nurturing America’s culinary heritage and diversity. As the center of America’s culinary community, the James Beard Foundation is a non-profit leader in the education of culinary culture.
- Tickets to the event are $135 and $110 for James Beard members. To purchase tickets, visit http://oneoceanjamesbeard.eventbrite.com. This is an event you and your stomach won’t want to miss.