When making your New Year’s resolutions for 2013, make sure to put yourself on the top of that list by attending our January Spa Event, taking place tomorrow, January 17th from 2-6 p.m. With complimentary Sprayology tastings and evaluations, along with Moroccanoil mini-hand exfoliations and mini-scalp treatments, reaching those healthy lifestyle goals has never been easier (or more relaxing).
Sound enticing? There’s more: In addition to these rejuvenating complimentary treatments, The Spa at One Ocean will also offer more than $15 savings per service. Treating yourself to a Neck, Back and Shoulder Massage with Hydrating Hair Treatment or Radiant Express Steaming Power Facial no longer has to burn a hole in your wallet, meaning you can end your luxurious spa day with a Honey Lavender Manicure and Pedicure Combination. Saving money in 2013? Check.
Everyone needs a little pampering from time to time, so make a date with yourself or with friends to reach those goals and join us for our January Spa Event. For more information about the January Spa Event or to learn more at The Spa at One Ocean, call 904.249.7402 or visit www.oneoceanresort.com/spa/jacksonville-spa.aspx.
Don’t you wish that you could eat at Azurea restaurant all of the time? For those of you who can’t jet off to our restaurant whenever you get a craving for Chef Ted’s delicious cuisine, we present his highly coveted Indian River Citrus Marinated Duck Breast recipe. All that’s missing is a view of the Atlantic Ocean.
Indian River Citrus Marinated Duck Breast
Yield 4 Servings
4ea Duck Breast
1T Whole 5 Spice
1T Pink Pepper Corn
4 sprigs Fresh Thyme
2T Vegetable Oil
1ea Orange zest
1ea Lemon zest
- Place all ingredients in a Ziploc Bag and let marinate overnight.
- The day of preparation, heat up a sauté pan until hot. Place the duck breast skin-side down on the pan and sear the skin till golden brown.
- Flip the duck breast over and place in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 5-8 minutes
- Pull the duck breast out of the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing so that it remains moist.
1 large Onions (diced)
8 strips Bacon
1T Garlic (minced)
4lb Collards Greens
3 quarts Chicken Broth
2 cups White Wine
2 cups Heavy Cream
To Taste Salt & Pepper
8 ounces Duck Confit (available at a local exotic food store)
- Cook bacon in a saucepot first to release its delicious fat and flavor.
- Sauté onions in pan until onions are tender.
- Add garlic. Once you smell the wonderful aroma of garlic, deglaze the pot with white wine and chicken broth.
- Add the collard greens and season lightly. Cover and let cook on medium low heat for 30 minutes or until tender and liquids have reduced by 75%.
- Add cream and duck confit and cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Season to desired taste.
Cranberry Ginger Preserve
1 lb Cranberries
¼ cup Ginger (grated fresh)
2 each Shallots (diced)
2 cups Cranberry Juice
1 each Cinnamon Stick
Place all ingredients in a small sauce pot and simmer on a low until liquids are almost reduced and the preserve starts to come together like a jam.
Let’s be honest for a moment – how many times have you dedicated one of your New Year’s resolutions to leading a healthier lifestyle? We’ve all been there – promised ourselves more frequent runs, visiting the gym more often, refusing that last cookie – only to find ourselves skipping our morning runs before the cold weather has started to fade.
This year, however, One Ocean Resort & Spa is here to make sure that 2013 is finally the year that you discover your fittest, healthiest self with our “Get Healthy” package. Let us help you start the New Year on the right foot with a nutritious breakfast, rejuvenating spa treatment, along with some special resort perks:
$100 Spa Credit
$40 Healthy Breakfast Credit
$25 Inclusive Resort Fee
$15 Complimentary Parking
Are you ready to finally cross the ultimate resolution off of your list? Click here to learn more about our “Get Healthy” package and start making moves towards revealing your best self in 2013.
Happy New Year!